I write about software and try not to spend too much time fucking around with WordPress.
This particular website is very experimental.
It was created to play with the following elements:
- A list of software I’m trying out right now.
- A list of my current writing projects.
- “Little Reviews” – for short commentary on stuff I’ve tried when I don’t have enough to say to warrant a full “review.”
- A landing page (hey) consolidating more relevant information into a different sort of presentation.
- A deliberately-curated list of stuff on the web that makes me feel good.
- A live updated widget of my Reading list. (Below)
Digtal Academia Whacked – End User
I have returned to school! …and commented on The Social Dilemma, bought a desktop, broke Windows, installed WordPress, used a Kindle (ew,) started a Digital Magazine Collection, browsed the web using Microsoft products, and read a wonderful book about the history of word processing. That sound you're hearing at the beginning is one I made exclusively using sounds from Windows 98. End User has made a total of $1.58 to date! Incredible. Reporting From the Digital Classrom of 2020 You've Just Watched 'The Social Dilemma'… Indulging Once More in Digital Excess and Revelations of Network Withdrawals (which is exactly two years old, today.) What The Fuck (Yes, I've been tinkering with yet another WordPress installation. Sorry.) Digital Gardens Creative Wellness 💔Finally Broke Windows Varmilo VA108M Track Changes: A Literary History of Word Processing Microsoft Browsing Review If you have any comments/suggestions/feedback/petty insults, please do contact me via Email, Twitter, Mastodon, or Discord. (And hey! Here's my full social directory.) — This episode is sponsored by · Anchor: The easiest way to make a podcast. https://anchor.fm/app — Send in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/davidblue/message Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/davidblue/support
- Tomoko Takahashi’s Word PerhectDocumenting a beautiful "parody" of Word Processing from 1999.
- Redefining Word ProcessingWe are all Word Processors.
- WordPress → Twitter ThreadSurely, we have arrived upon the final form of the social media brands I have grown up with. Over the summer, WordPress implemented Twitter → WordPress thread unrolling, which I’m sure at least one user on Earth has used unironically/not accidentally, since. Given the outputs it’s produced for me, I’m not quite sure I understand […]
SAY SOMETHING, yeah?