AKA “Journal” – Updates – personal and otherwise – and any other totally unrelated content.
- WordPress → Twitter ThreadSurely, we have arrived upon the final form of the social media brands I have grown up with. Over the summer, WordPress implemented Twitter → WordPress thread unrolling, which I’m sure at least one user on Earth has used unironically/not accidentally, since. Given the outputs it’s produced for me, I’m not quite sure I understand […]
- Single Page, All of UnicodeI cannot think of a single greater stress test for modern document processing software and their file standards than what I bring to you today: the entirety of the graphical unicode symbol collection displayed on a single-page PDF file. Sounds fucking dangerous, right? Yeah… I have a real obsession with Unicode, in case you haven’t […]
- Georgia Font SpecimenI created and printed my very first type specimen for my mother’s birthday.
- Commemorating Extratone ErrorsMy first finished InDesign project is a mockup-ish 404 page celebrating Extratone’s old jokes.
- Sierra’s Railroadin BirthdayI have traditionally abhored reference to holidays when one reflects on one’s recent activities, but this Labor Day also coincided with my girlfriend’s birthday, and we made a bit of a holiday of it. Our first unprompted drive West toward Kansas City in the middle of the night for a very long time prompted jostled […]
- I Bought a DesktopI bought a desktop tower for the first time since 2010 and spent an embarrassingly long time struggling with Bluetooth shit.
- Finally Broke WindowsAn attempt to fix a Windows Insider Build issue led to soft-bricking my Surface Laptop 2.
- Back to Fucking SchoolIt had been seven whole years since I last experienced a classroom until this past Wednesday.